Friday 23 July 2010

Top 10

Yesterday on a Starfleet call we were honoured by Leon the cleaner which is a great film and prompted Golfy and I to talk about our Top 10 lists.

One of my motivators for this is a great book - High Fidelity.  The film is however not as good, but then that can be said for a few book to film conversions.

So I will start with books and although this is a Top 10 there is actually no order to them.  This list is actually quite tough as most of my books are boxed up and in the loft.

1. High Fidelity
2. Deception Point
3. Digital Fortress
4. The Tesseract
5. The Beach
6. About a Boy
7. Fever Pitch
8. Man and Boy
9 Boy Called It
10. Notes from a Small Island

Actually # 10 was going to be a different book, which I read recently but I annoyingly can't remember the name of it.  It was one of those books I read in 2 days and I lent it to a friend -  I am sure I got it back, but now it is in the loft.  I have to say that has got me in the mood, to A. finish my current book by Jack Dee and B. find a new book for my impending holiday.

I was going to write a Mystery Book, or was I?

So Top 10 Films (again in no particular order)
1. Groundhog Day

1. Groundhog Day (see what I did there) :-)
2. Ferris Buellar's Day Off
3. Stand By Me
4. Leon
5. Remember the Titans
6. Shawshank Redemption
7. Pay It Forward
8. Good Will Hunting
9. Twelve Monkeys
10. Kill Bill II

and in closing an album to try and listen;
The Boy I Used to Be
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. You can't have them in "no particular order"!! If they're you're top 10 then you're saying they're 10 films better than any other, so you must know which of the 10 is the best one, which means, you must then know which of the remaining 9 is the best one, and so on.....

    From your list, I'd have
    10. Kill Bill 2
    9. Pay It Forward
    8. Remember the Titans
    7. Good Will Hunting
    6. Stand By Me
    5. Groundhog Day
    4. Ferris
    3. 12 Monkeys
    2. Shawshank
    1. Leon

    Just saying... ;-)

    ReplyDelete