Wednesday 2 June 2010

Oh Boy, what a fish!

They say with some managers you should sandwich bad news, and I know they (reportedly) used this technique with Gordon Brown. Poor bloke they would have mastered it by the time he finally left #10, no I don't have any sympathy for him.

So I am going to take the sandwich approach for this blog.

First piece of bread:
I am going boat fishing on Friday with some mates. I have to confess I am not a fisherman, I have been once boat fishing and that was 2 years ago and I have been twice before that when I was about 14. When I was 14 I actually managed to break someones reel. However the last time I went boat fishing I did rather well, I didn't catch the biggest fish but I caught the most and the competition was fierce. Even though it was just with some friends, whenever a group of men get together there is always some competition that is formed (have you not seen a group of drunk men in the toilets??). So I managed to persuade my friend with a boat to take me and some other people out fishing and he agreed. So I rounded up the people who have fishing rods (not fishermen, but closer to the status than me - possession is 9/10 of the law) and the date is set for this Friday.

Sandwich filler:
So why is it that people are so ignorant that they will not respond to text message and phone calls when you clearly tell that they are not going to turn up!??! It was arranged for 6 of us to go fishing and one can't make it due to work which is completely understandable, but the other 2 have just disappeared into the mist. To make things worse one of them said he would lend me the rod and paraphernalia that was needed. So with 2 days to go there is still no news from them. It seems one of them might have split up from his girlfriend - surely more reason to go fishing (no youthanism intended). So I have had to get all the kit myself, there is nothing worse than organising an event and not being able to attend.

Final bit of bread:
So the good news is that I have got a fishing rod and EVERYTHING that goes with it and I spent last night trying to learn all I could about fishing! Oh boy, they make it complicated!!

Anyway if you are reading this blog and you fancy a day out fishing on Friday, then let me know and I will see what we can sort out.

Photos of the black marlin that I have caught will be posted here next week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment